On September 24th, 202. Pam Spooner, the Director of Indigenous Education, showed us couple videoes about indigenous students use their own voice and words to express them in songs. I think student empowerment is wonderful such as I saw when the Grade 5 students from Van Bien sang and rapped with indigenous drums. In my opinion, Pam Spooner set the right tone by asking students to lead off the Professional Development Day. Following the theme of empowerment, I enjoyed the talk by Ashley Callingbull and how she used her grandparents as role models to work past her own difficult past into her present self who is proud of her indigenous identity and culture. I also found the theme of environmental empowerment to be interesting and useful. Nikki Sanchez is an environmental leader, and her indigenous approach to appreciating nature as well as protecting it concentrates on the individual’s role in making a better future. I think her message tells young learners that they are at the heart of environmental care—their role is to take care of their communities, both the human and natural worlds. I found the Professional Day to be empowering in its messages and strategies for creating a more inclusive classroom.